
Attractions:
San Antonio (40 minutes from San Marcos): River Walk, Alamo, Sea World
Austin (30 minutes from San Marcos): State Capital, University of Texas
Gruene (20 minutes from San Marcos): River Run
ShoppingWimberley (20 minutes from San Marcos): Trade Days
Houston: (3 hours from San Marcos): Space Center, Old Home
What attractions would you like to visit and when? Share your plans.
Check out: http://www.sanantoniocvb.com/visitors/attractions.asp
3 comments:
Don't forget the world-famous Schlitterbahn Water Park. http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/Default.asp
It may be a bit crowded this time of year, but would still be a blast for the younger set!
Also, Natural Bridge Caverns, Inner Space Caverns, Barton Springs and Congress Street Bridge at dusk in Austin (see the bats!)... my list could go on.
This reunion will be great!
Hey! I got it to work! Dale and I were discussing plans for the reunion this summer. We were debating whether to take the new motor home down to Texas or leave it in Utah and fly. I know a lot of you Bartholomews will be flying. If we do fly, maybe we could share a car with another couple. That would also mean staying at the same lodging. It's something to think about.
My vote for things to do would go to visiting the Alamo, floating down the river through San Antonio, and eating at the barbecue place. The rafting trip also sounds fun. I'd like to see the old homestead in Houston, but I don't know if we would have time.
Let's hear what the rest of you have to say.
We will be flying into Houston and driving to San Marcos. Let me know the itinerary. Thanks a bunch. James
Post a Comment